Using the Design Tab
Use the Design Tab to change the look and feel of your site in seconds. Here you can...
- Upload a Logo
- Change Site Colors
- Choose a Background Image or Color
- Change Font Styles
Watch this short video to learn more:
Choosing a Theme
Our professionally designed Themes allow you to easily create beautiful, industry-specific websites for just about any small business. They are the perfect start to a professional website. You can further customize each theme by uploading a logo, changing colors, switching layouts, adding photos and more.
Upload a Logo to Your Site
A Logo is a critical element to any company's brand and improves the overall design of your site. The Logo will also help guide you when choose site colors as you will want to choose colors that either match or compliment the logo. Adding your client's logo is important as it immediately personalizes their site just for their company. You can easily upload a logo from within the Design Tab in the site editor. Once you upload a logo to your site you can adjust the size and location from within the Design Tab.
From the you can customize the entire color palette for your site to get just the right look you are going for. Create your own custom color palate by selecting a swatch and using the eyedropper to find the desired color. This palate will control the colors of the navigation bar, navigation text, sidebar background, sidebar text, sidebar headings and site background. Be sure to click “Save" when finished.
- Try to choose colors that reflect your brand and compliment the company logo.
- If you have a Background Image selected you will not see the changes to the site background color.
- Avoid using too many different colors as it can make the design busy and confusing.
Changing the Site Background Image or Color
For some Layouts the Site Background is more visible than others. You can either choose a Background Color or a Background Image. We offer a library of free Background Images to choose from or you can upload your own.
- For best results be sure to use high quality images for the background.
- Choose a background image that is subtle yet appropriately reflects your business. Ideas include using an interior or exterior image of your business, a photo of a core product or service or an industry specific wallpaper.
- Sometimes blurring, fading or applying a color overlay to the background image a bit will give you a nice effect.
- Avoid using noisy or busy images that will distract users from your content.
Upload a Custom Header Design
For some layouts you will have two choices for the Website Header.
How to Change the Mobile Navigation Layout
We currently offer two different navigation options for the mobile version of a site.